Sunday, October 3, 2010

Potato and Corn Chowder
Comfort food for a cool autumn day.
When the temperature get cool there are so many foods that I like to cook. Not necessarily anything fancy. Just food that warms your soul. I found this recipe on the Internet and thought I would try it. It has two of my favorite foods. Of course I have to put my own spin on it.
(Still learning how to take food shots.)

Potato and Corn Chowder

2 cups small diced potatoes
1 small pkg frozen corn
1 small chopped onion
1 or 2 stalks of chopped celery
2 T butter
1 T flour
1 bullion cube
1 tsp thyme
salt and pepper to taste 2 c milk

Saute onions and celery in butter. Cook potatoes and corn in stock pot. When done drain all but about 1 cup of liquid and then add 1 bullion cube and thyme. Thicken the butter mixture with flour and then add to the potatoes and corn. Add milk and then salt and pepper. Let it simmer on low so that all the flavors know each other. Top with graded cheese. Serve with cheese sandwiches on whole wheat toast.

My daughter and I will add more onions sometimes because we love ourselves some onions!

Linked to tater tots and jello

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Jen@Notes From the Heartland said...

Hi Peggy! Wow...your soup looks amazing!! And nothing beats a good grilled cheese sandwich on a chilly day. :-) I think your food shots look lovely! I can offer a tiny bit of advice that I learned....ALWAYS use the macro setting on your camera...turn off the flash...and set the whole deal by a window that gets a nice amount of natural light. You're all set then! I take the food shots for my dear friends' AWESOME cafe....check it out if you like! www.millcreekcafe.blogspot.com

Peggy said...

Hey Jen you are too kind, and thanks so much for the advise. Your photos from the Mill Creek Cafe look super fantastic! Now I'm hungry! Ha ha.

Bonnie said...

this soup looks so delicious! i love soup in the fall and winter! i will definately give this recipe a try...maybe this weekend...i need to get to the store!

Peggy said...

Hey girl. I hope it works out because I had guessed at how much ingredients I us. I do a lot of tasting and guess work. Ha ha