Well I thought we might not have any big storms this year but....
Hurricane Earl is knocking at our door. I sounds like it will just skirt our coast. But hurricanes aren't always predictable. Earl could go north or come west right at us. We still can get winds and rain. Lots of rain! Our schools might even close. We never know what will happen. We just wait.
If it looks like Earl is coming ashore there are several things to do.
1. Fill gas tank in car full. Gas for generator if you have one. ( I don't)
2. Get plenty of water. Fill bathtub, large pots. buckets etc.... (remember if the water gets cut
off you will want to flush the toilet)
3. Get drinking water.
4. Food (snacks and stuff you can cook on the grill or the Coleman)
5. Radio and flashlight with extra batteries.
7. Charge phones.
9. Cash and credit cards.
10. Books and games.
12. Call family and let them know your safe.
13. Put away thash cans, out door furniture, and hanging plants.
There are to many things to list, so this is a good web site to check out.