Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ice Cream
There is a first time for everything! You remember the first time you drove a car. The first time you kissed a boy. Your first job interview. Well this is my first time for to make homemade ice cream. I know sounds crazy, but true it is. Now for sure I have eaten my share of home made ice cream. But I never prepared it from start to finish. Once again I fall back on The Pioneer Woman. What can I say. She's my idol! I followed her recipe except I used Half and Half instead of heavy cream. You can find a recipe to follow on the internet just about anywhere. I have an electric ice cream maker that belonged to my folks. Ok let's crank her up!
A little ice then a little salt. Repeat
More ice and more salt.
About 40 minutes later. Yes! We have ice cream!
Oh my goodness, I can hardly stand it! I text all my friends to tell them what I made. No kidding I really did! This is the bomb!
I'm so excited! Come on over and I'll share!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

MMMM. .we love homemade ice cream!! We generally try to fix it several times a year. My son always orders brown sugar peach for his July birthday. The other kids get homemade ice cream for their cool season birthdays only if they are VERY lucky!! BUT. .I can't adulterate homemade ice cream with chocolate sauce. .I just can't!! Bet you enjoyed every bite. .and I bet their isn't even enough left over for wandering strangers :-)

Peggy said...

Melanie, brown sugar peach sound really good. You need to send me the recipe or blob it.

Bonnie said...

Oh man, does that look good!! I have never made ice cream before...I know one day I will!

Peggy said...

Bonnie, me too. I sure have ate my fair share. But making it from scratch was a first.