Thursday, April 21, 2011

Munch a bunch of bird nest!
I wanted to share a really yummy and easy recipe with you all. Ya know I have looked all over blog land and there are some good recipes to try out. However I must say, I still think that this is the best. Well I should say this is my favorite. They go together lickety split.
Don't they look yummy!
Combine in a bowl:
3 cups crispy rice cereal
1 cup shredded coconut
Mix and bring just to a boil while stirring:
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
Remove from heat. Stir in the cereal and coconut. Let it cool, then shape into nest using your fingers.
Fill with jell beans. This should make about 12 or so. You don't want them to big.
That's is! I told you it was easy.
I bags a few and tied with twine for some friends.
I first made this for my oldest son's class when he was in pre-school.
That was twenty years ago. (Oops! I'm really not that old.)
All my kids still like it. I made some last weekend and they were gone in two days!
I hope you enjoy the treat!
Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

MMMM. .now I JUST bought a bag of coconut this morning. .for no particular reason. Isn't that funny!! I may have to try these out this weekend! Happy Easter to you and yours!!

Peggy said...

Yeah Mellanie, my nest were gone the nest day. Hope you and your family had a super Easter.

Bonnie said...

Those look really good. I like that they are not all coconut,that there is rice krispies in them as well. Sounds like a good combination. Now that Easter is over...I could still make these..just not with jelly beans. They could still be bird's nests, but I could fill them with M&M's. That would be cute! and delicious!

Peggy said...

Your right, this would be great to make anytime. Be prepared, because they go fast. Ha ha. Sorry it took me so long to comment. My computer has been crazy. I thought blogger was down. Turns out it was my browser.

Jen@Notes From the Heartland said...

These look delicious Peggy! My mom used to make something similar for us with chow mein noodles. Brings back wonderful memories...thanks for sharing. :-)