Friday, August 13, 2010

Here is a pic of my back yard. Not much room for a cook out.
Isn't this iron window the bomb!
Ha ha you silly goose. My sister and I visited Tyon Palace last week when she was here for a visit. I never get bored visiting the palace and the gardens. Although it was a little hot. OMG!! It was a lot hot!!!! We both looked like we just got out of the pool. I'll spare you the pics.
I can't image living back in the 1700's. WOW no AC! But if I was the governors wife I could just get a servant to fan me. Also if a friend visited you they would stay for up to a month at a time. Of course it took them days and or weeks to get to your home. What would you do with visitors for weeks or months? I say after 3 days they should start paying rent. Let them go down to the river and get their own bucket of water. And they better dump their own chamber pot!
No, not my back yard.....This was my view the next day.
I had 3 trees taken down. Now I have truck ruts and big holes all over my yard. Anyone who knows me knows that I am very picky about my grass. The minute my dog goes to the bathroom I follower her with the water hose. Ugh! Luckily mother nature can recover quickly.

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

You had me for a second there. When I read this was your back yard, I was like...what? this girl is super rich! Anyhow, that looks like a beautiful place. It is interesting to think about how things were back then..traveling a week to go visit someone..and then staying for a few weeks. I think it's all kinda neat! But the no AC thing...oh man, that would be rough!

Peggy said...

They have a real pretty Holiday display with candles. I would rather go then than now. Thanks for stopping by!

Window On The Prairie said...

I would like to live back in the 1700s for a little while, just to see what it was like. Neat pics. Suzanne

Peggy said...

Thanks. I'm still learing the ropes.

Jessica @ Simply A Farmer's Wife said...

Peggy, thanks for stopping by my blog and for the sweet comment! It put a smile on my face! :)

Peggy said...

It's a woman thing :) and there is a plan.